Cross-platform subscription on-demand Anime service
ANIMAXTV.CO.UK is a pay-per-view/subscription based video service focused exclusively on Anime. The business team and day to day administration team is located in London, the Marketing and Digital Teams in Culver City. The Digital team focused on creating the technical infrastructure, Web and PS3 products in order to launch the service.
To accomplish this several new technologies were integrated into the SPTN Global Content Management Platform, and a lot of coordination and collaboration between multiple outside vendors and Sony business units in different locations and time zones was required.
- First SPTN product launch on PS3
- Integration of new MPX Video Management Platform
- Success in using SPT Platform in a new business context
- New technology integrated into the SPT platform
- Paywall & Subscription services
- Use of Sony Entertainment Network registration system to sync with users existing accounts
- Age gating
- Content syndication to PS3
- Authenticated access to content
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Executive Director Product Development / Program Manager
- Direction and oversight from the business plan to early design stage
- Creative direction, review and feedback
- Product Strategy
- Oversight of Information Architecture, UI/UX, and requirements
- Third party product evaluation (SEN, Paywall, PS3 App, Video CMS)
- Creation of standard operating procedures
- Best practices
- Operational Strategy - Integration of MPX Video Management Platform with the existing SPT Platform and Migration from Brightcove.